Safe & Professional Service
Thank you for trusting Hand & Stone with your service. We are here to ensure you enjoy a safe, professional and stress-free experience with us.
Our Code of Conduct
Hand & Stone is the industry leader in ensuring our customers enjoy their services in a safe and professional environment. All of our service providers are required to pass Hand & Stone Code of Conduct training, maintain active registration with their regulatory/licensing body, and undergo a criminal record and employment reference check.
Our Code of Conduct provides a high expectation for our service providers and is designed to protect you. If you feel dissatisfied or uncomfortable with your provider or any aspect of service, please speak directly with your service provider. If you’re not comfortable speaking directly with your service provider, ask to see the spa manager at the end of service. You can also contact our corporate office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond immediately and approach the spa and service provider on your behalf.
Before your service begins, share with your service provider any special needs you may have. Let us know if your room needs any adjustments with the lighting, music volume, table temperature or headrest.
Communicate with your service provider if you prefer no conversation during your service, if you want more or less pressure or if you have a product preference for your skin.
Share with your service provider if at any time you are feeling uncomfortable during the treatment.
If you are late for your service, the spa will try its best to accommodate you but if no times or providers are available, your service time may need to be adjusted.
You must demonstrate ethical behaviour. Your service provider will immediately terminate the service if any inappropriate comments or behaviours are displayed.
If any inappropriate, abusive or dangerous conduct took place, we will immediately assist you in contacting the appropriate authorities or contact them on your behalf, if permitted by you. We will cooperate in all investigations of complaints made
to authorities. Our policy is that if an allegation of inappropriate conduct is made against a service provider, the employee will be immediately suspended pending investigation.
Our Commitment to You
At Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spas, providing you with a safe, professional and stress-free experience is our number one priority. You can expect the following from your service and your service provider.
You have a right to control your experience
- We take our queue from you. Tell your service provider what you want and don’t want in your service.
- Undress to your level of comfort. You decide which garments to remove or keep on. We will perform an effective massage or facial service regardless of your level of undress. Your service provider will leave the room for you to undress and dress.
- Are you comfortable with the amount of pressure? Tell the service provider if you want more or less.
- Temperature of the room, level of lighting and volume of music are all adjustable for your comfort.
- If you feel more comfortable brining a companion to accompany you in the room during your service, notify the spa and they will accommodate your request, subject to local requirements (a form/release may be required by the local spa).
You Will Receive a Safe & Professional Service
- Our service providers are ethically bound to maintain boundaries and construct a professional relationship with you. They are trained not to become overly personal or infringe on your privacy.
- Our service providers require your consent to initiate any service protocol. They require written consent and clinical rationale to work on “sensitive areas”, such as the buttocks (gluteals), upper inner thigh muscles, chest wall and breast tissue. Your service provider promises to drape modestly and professionally and will never expose or touch the private areas (genitalia/pelvic floor, areolae).
- Special consent is required for certain hair removal procedures by estheticians.
Your Service Provider Will Adhere to the Highest Ethical Standards
All Hand & Stone Service Providers will be trained in and adhere to the highest ethical standards and must abide by the following Code of Conduct, to:
- Demonstrate commitment to provide the highest quality to those who seek our professional service.
- Abide by all professional standards, policies, guidelines and where applicable, regulatory requirements.
- Pursue professional excellence through continuing education, training and regular self-assessment.
- Project a professional image and uphold the highest standards of professionalism.
- Properly clean & sanitize our workspace, as we know our attention to detail assures our clients
- a sense of comfort, safety and well-being.
- Protect the confidential nature of personal and health information and to maintain a professional relationship with our clients.
- Acknowledge the inherent worth, diversity and individuality of each person.
- “Do no harm” securing the physical, mental and emotional well-being of our clients.
- Educate the client on the benefits of well-being and proceed only once informed consent is obtained for each and every service.
- Not engage in conversations of a sexual or an overly personal nature.
- Provide proper draping by draping modestly and professionally to avoid exposure at all times.
- Be Cognizant of how our touch is perceived and how our body comes in contact with the client at all times.