Health and Safety Standards
New Health and Safety Standards
Hand & Stone is committed to taking a leadership position in instituting and enhancing processes and protocols to ensure the health and safety of our members, guests and employees. We have consulted with experts in the fields of healthcare, infectious disease, massage therapy, and esthetics to ensure we are taking the right measures to ensure safety without sacrificing your relaxation or our employee’s well-being.
This much we are certain, offering massage and facial services to our members and guests will be more critical now than at any other time in our history. COVID-19 isolation and uncertainty have impacted the collective mental health and widespread depression is a genuine global concern. You know that massage therapy can help relieve tension in your muscles and connective tissues, increase blood flow and promote relaxation. What you may not have known, however, is that massage therapy has been found to help relieve the physical symptoms associated with depression and anxiety such as headache, insomnia and widespread muscle pain.
For facial fans, how we feel about ourselves is so important to our mental health and a regular facial not only relieves tension but helps improve physical appearance – when we look better, we feel better.
Hand & Stone has always been committed to providing a clean and safe environment for you to relax. During the COVID-19 crisis, we reinforced those steps and added additional measures. Cleanliness will continue to be a focus moving forward.
Among the steps we are taking, all Hand & Stone spas will require:
- Thoroughly wiping down all service rooms and tools with approved hospital-grade or Health Canada’s registered disinfectants and cleaning supplies.
- Cleaning and disinfecting all washrooms and common areas every hour at a minimum.
- Service providers will wear gloves during services upon the client’s request.
- Service providers will wear a mask during services upon the client’s request.
- Service providers may ask clients to wear a mask if the service provider feels it would be beneficial for both themselves and/or the client.
- Requiring all staff members to pass a Spa Sanitation & Illness Prevention course and performing a practical assessment to ensure they follow the strict guidelines we enforce, including proper handwashing.
- All linens continue to be single service use only.
- A contact-lite transaction process including digital forms.
We anticipate that a new emphasis on “disease control” will become standard practice in all industries.
Beyond our “contact-lite” check in and check out processes, we are adopting processes to limit traffic in the spa at any given time. We will also attempt to stagger appointment start times.
We have added a new touch-free process for customer agreements, member and guest payments and forms.
We know that the world will change in many ways in the near future, but one thing that we are certain of is that we will be there for you with the cleanest and safest spas. Our commitment remains for you to restore, relax, and refresh when you need it most. Thank you for your trust, we look forward to seeing you soon.