COVID-19 and Flu Protection and FAQS
COVID-19 and Flu Protection at the Spa
There is nothing more important to us than our customer’s safety and well-being. For this reason, we have reviewed our standard disease-control processes and have revisited and enhanced these practices and protocols.
What steps are Hand & Stone spas taking to prevent the spread of the Flu and COVID-19 to customers?
These are just some of the steps that we are taking:
- Thoroughly wiping down all service rooms and tools with approved hospital-grade or Health Canada’s registered disinfectants and cleaning supplies.
- Cleaning and disinfecting all washrooms and common areas every hour at a minimum.
- Service providers wearing gloves during services upon clients request.
- Requiring all staff members to pass a Spa Sanitation & Illness Prevention course and performing a practical assessment to ensure they follow the strict guidelines we enforce, including proper handwashing.
- Pre-service employee health checks including temperature readings.
- Mandatory masks for all employees.
- All linens continue to be single service use only.
- A contact-lite transaction process including digital forms.
What precautions should customers take?
We will be pre-screening all clients prior to their appointment to ensure that they are not exhibiting any symptoms. We request the cooperation of our entire community in maintaining a safe spa environment so we urge anyone that has mild cold or flu-like symptoms to follow the advice of health officials and stay home while sick to help protect others. Should you need to cancel your appointment, please contact us immediately.
Are your service providers required to wear masks during services?
Yes, all of our staff are required to wear masks.
Are customers to wear a mask during a service?
As a requirement of the College of Massage Therapist of Ontario (CMTO), clients are required to wear a mask upon entering the spa and will be required to wear it during the service.
Can you be declined service if you are exhibiting symptoms?
If you have symptoms, health officials encourage you to contact public health and to isolate for 14 days avoiding contact with others. For the safety of everyone, our licensed service providers are permitted to decline service to any customer exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms and will reschedule your appointment. Should you need to cancel for any health-related reason, most spas will waive the 24-hour notice period for the time being.
We appreciate your concern and cooperation and Hand & Stone will continue to monitor the situation and take additional measures if or when they become necessary to ensure the safety of our customers and our staff.