Our Commitment to your Privacy
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spas are committed to keeping all of your personal information confidential. It is our policy not to give, rent or sell any information that personally identifies you, the customer to any organization or individual without your consent. Ensuring privacy, confidentiality and security of this personal information ultimately rests with the Franchisee of each Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa location, who is governed by the Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa policies and the law. Your personal health information in our files may include:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Transaction history
- Purchasing preferences
- Medical conditions, including allergies and medical history
- Health Card number
In order to provide you with quality health care, we keep a record of the products and services provided to you. We also include in our records any relevant health information that is required to ensure that you are provided the services that are appropriate for you.
Purposes for which Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spas Collect and Use Your Personal Information
- To identify you individually
- To protect your health by providing you with the most appropriate advice
- To provide health plan insurers accurate and up-to-date personal information in order to properly process claims
- To provide additional services, information and professional consultations which may be of assistance or of interest to you
- To meet professional, legal and regulatory requirements
Disclosure of Personal Health Information
Outside of the normal communication with you upon the presentation of your request, your personal information will be disclosed in the following circumstances:
- To your health plan insurers to enable them to accurately process your claim for payment/reimbursement
- To your prescribing therapist to confer with them about your requirements, treatment and services, so that we may provide you with quality care and protect your health
- To anyone who produces written authorization from you and only for the limited purposes set out in the authorization
- As required by regulatory authorities where the law requires us to do so
In the course of maintaining our systems and providing you with uninterrupted service, we may use service providers who may require access to systems which contain personal information. These service providers are bound to keep all personal information confidential. They do not retain any of your personal information.
When you provide us with your relevant personal information, you are deemed to give your consent to Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spas to:
- Communicate with your health plan insurers, including government funded programs and provide them with the necessary information
- Provide you with information, services and offers that may be of assistance or interest to you
In some provinces written consent may be required. If you do not wish to give your consent to the use of your personal information as set out in this pamphlet, please notify the Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa Franchisee, who will then make a notation in your file. If you refuse to give your consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information in a manner necessary to safely and accurately provide any product or service to you, Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa’s ability to provide the requested product or service to you may be impaired. Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spas reserve the right to refuse to provide the product or service requested.
We may ask you to verify your personal information with each request presented, to protect your health and to ensure the accuracy of your personal information on file. All necessary corrections to your file will be made.
Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spas use methods to ensure strict security standards to protect all personal information against unauthorized access, disclosure, inappropriate alteration or misuse.
You have the right to know what personal information is held in your file and the right to question and request correction of any erroneous information. To access your file, a written request should be sent to the Franchisee of the Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa where your history is maintained. All written requests will be responded to within a reasonable time frame. If for any reason access to your personal history is not granted, you will be provided with a written explanation.
Inquiries or Concerns
Contact the Franchisee of the Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa that maintains your personal information. If your inquiries or concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, contact in writing:
The Privacy Officer
H & S Massage Spa Canada Corporation
1550-16th Avenue, Building D
Richmond Hill, ON