Once you start using healthy skin care products for your face or body, you may wonder if they’re working.
This can be a hard question to answer so we recommend starting with the easiest thing first: figuring out what doesn’t work!
3 signs your skin care products aren’t right for you:
- Pain – Ditch your new serum or cream if it gives you a burning or stinging sensation, or extreme itchiness.
- Flare-ups – If you experience redness, rashes or unexpected break-outs after applying a new skin care product, it’s probably not the right match for your skin.
- Too much of one active ingredient – Adding another product to your beauty routine that has the same active ingredient as your other products can irritate your skin. More isn’t always better! Check labels to avoid double-dosing on active ingredients found in exfoliating peel treatments, such as glycolic acid, alpha hydroxy acid, and salicylic acid.
2 ways to tell if your skin care product is working:
- It’s solving the problem you’re concerned with – For chronic issues like enlarged pores, rosacea, and acne, you can expect to see results within one to three months of consistent use. For acute issues like surprise pimples, your product should work within a few days—faster than letting nature take its course.
- It makes you happy – If you love your new product and it leaves your skin feeling well-moisturized and healthy—without any of those negative side effects—then you’ll know you’ve found a good one. At Hand & Stone, we use Dermalogica®, YonKa and Diego Dalla Palma products because they get results for our clients and we love them!
Where to turn for professional help on skin care products
With so many beauty products available, it’s easy to get overwhelmed and do nothing, or buy too many products and waste time and money testing them. Instead, start small. If your current beauty routine isn’t working, start by reading our guidelines for choosing natural skin care products. This may be just enough information to help you find the perfect products! For a more personal experience, consult a Certified Esthetician about which products are most likely to work well for your skin type.
We’re here to help. If you’d like some personalized skin care advice in a relaxing environment, give us a call to book a rejuvenating facial.
Feel great, look great with Hand & Stone Massage & Facial Spa.
Massage. Facials. Waxing. At Hand & Stone, our registered massage therapists will relieve tension, soothe tired muscles and ease headaches. Interested in our facial services? We know radiant, healthy skin reflects how you look and feel. Hand & Stone’s facials are performed by certified estheticians and we are proud to offer Dermalogica®, YonKa and Diego Dalla Palma products so you can enjoy a bright, beautiful complexion between regular appointments.
We’ll help you look and feel your best, affordably! Call today to schedule your appointment! We’re open 7 days a week with extended hours and gift cards are available for all occasions. Contact us today!