If you’ve ever experienced the discomfort of a sinus headache or nasal congestion, you’re likely interested in knowing how to get some relief the next time your head aches.
Fortunately, a natural treatment for sinus congestion is hot and cold therapy. It works because heat therapy, like our hot stone massage, warms up muscles and causes deep relaxation, while cold therapy, when alternated with heat, lowers stress, reduces inflammation, and increases circulation.
What is a hot towel and cold stone face massage?
During this treatment, our practitioner places hot towels on your face for relaxation. Once the towels are removed, you feel refreshed as cold stones are gently placed on your face. During the face massage, we use lavender essential oil for added stress relief.
Hot towel and cold stone face massage treatment for face, jaw and head aches
While it’s relaxing to get a hot towel and cold stone face massage anytime, it can lead to much-needed relief when you experience pain and discomfort above the neck.
Get relief with hot and cold therapy if you experience:
- Sinus congestion – While there are about 22 reasons for a stuffy nose, the most likely reason is the common cold. There’s still no cure for that but hot and cold therapy can provide temporary symptom relief.
- Sinus headaches – Though sinus headaches and migraines are often confused, it’s likely a sinus headache if you feel pressure and tenderness around your forehead, cheeks, or eyes.
- Temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) – Symptoms range from mild to debilitating pain around the jaw and mouth. If your discomfort is on the mild end of the spectrum, natural approaches to TMJ symptom management might be for you.
The best time to schedule a hot towel and cold stone face massage
When you’re not feeling good, you may want to get under the covers with a good book and a cup of tea. That’s smart and we don’t recommend coming to see us if leaving the house makes you feel worse!
The 2 best times for your next hot towel and cold stone face massage are:
- When you feel a headache coming on – The best time to treat discomfort is early, before it takes hold. In the early stages of a sinus headache, you may be able to cut it off at the pass with some hot and cold therapy.
- When you know it’s time for self-care – De-stressing is an essential element of self-care. For a quick dose, you can have a standalone hot towel and cold stone face massage or—for maximum relaxation—make it the grand finale after a Swedish massage.
Sinus and face pain can slow you down and the best treatment is self-care.
We’re here to help. If you’d like some sinus relief or stress reduction, give us a call to book a soothing hot towel and cold stone face massage.
Feel great, look great with Hand & Stone Massage & Facial Spa.
Massage. Facials. Waxing. At Hand & Stone, our registered massage therapists will relieve tension, soothe tired muscles and ease headaches. Interested in our facial services? We know radiant, healthy skin reflects how you look and feel. Hand & Stone’s facials are performed by certified estheticians and we are proud to offer Dermalogica®, YonKa and Diego Dalla Palma products so you can enjoy a bright, beautiful complexion between regular appointments.
We’ll help you look and feel your best, affordably! Call today to schedule your appointment! We’re open 7 days a week with extended hours and gift cards are available for all occasions. Contact us today!